Mozart's Last Aria
For news about my latest books and for competitions and offers, sign up here.
Newest US Release
The Palestine Quartet
Matt's ground-breaking award-winning crime quartet about Palestinian sleuth Omar Yussef set against the noir backdrop of the intifada. Read a free Omar Yussef short story set in riot-torn Damascus.
Latest UK Book
Matt's stunning new novel. The mystery of Italy's most compelling painter: Caravaggio. Get the UK edition
Short stories and nonfiction
Download short stories and nonfiction.
Listen to free music about crime fiction. With some writers joining the performance.
- A Name in Blood
- Rescuing Caravaggio from a Bad Rap
- FREE Caravaggio short story download
- Guest Post by JK Rowling
- Blurbworld! A Novel of Murder, Love and the Lies People Write: Chapter 1
- The Best First Paragraphs in Crime Fiction: Part 2
- Daniel Silva's Funny Buggers
- Why did Marlowe go in the bar?
- Matt Rees: Well spotted! It does, indeed, and looks quite lov...
- Syl: I have seen another book with a similar cover. ...
- Matt Rees: Je suis ravi que son retour est donc bienvenue, An...
- Anna v gauss: Ravie de retrouver " Abou Ramiz" , et de suivre av...
- Matt Rees: ...which is all the more reason why we shouldn't m...
A Grave in Gaza a name in blood Bethlehem blogs brooklyn caravaggio crime fiction Fatah fiction Gaza global post Hamas historical crime historical fiction historical thriller interviews Islam Israel Jerusalem jews journalism Matt Beynon Rees Matt Rees Middle East mozart's last aria Nablus nannerl mozart new york Omar Yussef palestine Palestinians PLO reviews The Bethlehem Murders The Collaborator of Bethlehem The Fourth Assassin The Saladin Murders The Samaritan's Secret the writing life thrillers West Bank wolfgang amadeus mozart wolfgang mozart writers writing